Thursday, May 22, 2014

Colors Literally Can Speak!

PARTICIPATING IN NSO 2012

"WHAT?!"
I was very surprised when my Junior High School English teacher asked me to join National Science Olympiad for English subject in the middle of February 2012, while that day was actually the end of January already. Yep, so I only had about 2 weeks left to prepare for it. Well, actually I didn't know how I felt back then, either I felt in the pink or felt blue due to the sudden invitation. The problem was I had been in the 3rd grade of JHS already, I fckn should focus on National Examination, you know. However, since I'm not one of those who have a yellow streak, I just accepted it. Aside from that, I didn't want to make my beloved English teacher see red.
So, the next 2 weeks, on February 12, 2012, I went to Solo by train (actually with 2 teachers and 3 other students). It took us for about 9 hours from Bandung Station to Solo Balapan Station. Well, I bet it was a kind of white lies that I felt so cold (that I couldn't even omg it was like I was living in the coldest place ever) but I just said it's all good to my teacher next to me. I thought I was just caught red handed since she asked me such a question LMAO... I mean, hello, I only whitewashed the situation, pretended that I didn't feel cold, you know that.
The red letter day came eventually. It was on February 14, 2012. Yep, Valentine's Day, but I had to fight for winning the olympiad. I went to MTsN Surakarta 1, the place where the olympiad would be held, and guess what? The committees rolled out the red carpet when they saw me coming, LOL! I mean, I'm not queen for God's sake ROFL why should they have to do so?
Everything had not been blacklisted until the olympiad began. The fact that I have to tell you is that I am a person who is not really good at technology (aka I'm not a geek). I didn't check my laptop's volume before since I was fckn frickin nervous, I just started to do the olympiad.
But something wrong happened afterwards.
Its volume... or the back sound... or whatever, sounded VERY loudly!
I myself was very surprised that jumped a bit from my seat and I only talked to myself WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW DAMMIT while my hands busily pressed all buttons on my laptop's keyboard.
But still.
IT DIDN'T WORK, AT ALL.
Literally shucks.
You silly, Sa, literally silly. What the fck is this. What's happening.
I was blue in the face handling it all alone. No one helped me, just so you know.
I sighed. God damn it! How green I am! 
Out of the blue, a girl who sat in front of me turned around, stared at me (like I was the very weirdest girl alive, and omg she was such a creeper FFS), and then said something which actually should be red penciled. Goodness! She was somewhat--LITERALLY--browned off!
The next day, I went to Borobudur Temple. It was so much fun! It was a sunny day and I felt really in the pink. I saw a boy with his over the top posturing, some girls singing songs (fck their dissonant harmonies!), and... that boy. I turned green with envy seeing that boy, another contestant, buying a unique two-tone souvenir. I walked approaching the stand, giving the green light to buy the same souvenir. I intentionally brought more money in order not to end up in the red. Then I went happily... until I tripped over big stone and fell to the earth! I found myself black and blue all over when I looked at the reflection of me in the mirror.
Finally, the announcement of the winners was announced on February 16, 2012. Well, perhaps it was not my good luck since I was not the winner (someone who prayed for me may the odds be ever in your favor was probably no one, urgh). I only got the 95th rank from about 330 contestants.
Nevertheless, I had tried my best in this fckn competitive olympiad. What I need to do is believing that every cloud has a silver lining.



No comments:

Post a Comment